Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Prelim Essay

The preliminary essay went rather smoothly although I do still need to add about a paragraph more and two more sources now that I think about it but now its time to start focusing on my response essay. The response essay will be tricky because I am not necessarily too passionate about any of my fellow students postings. I originally was going to respond to two of them but one I didn’t understand the argument and the second wasn’t finished enough to argue so I decided I would try to respond to one about divorce. Originally I was going to add on to the original argument that divorce has become “the easy way out” that was until last night when after grueling and devastating tears my mom decided she needed a divorce from my father. Now I think I will try to counter the argument and discuss why and how divorce in a lot of ways is the only way out, certainly not the easiest. I will include quotes from my mother’s recent experience and facts from sources. The three main points I will cover will be the complication of the divorce process, the necessity at times for divorce and will refute the authors original arguments using the Bible through revealing even further parts of other bible passages. I will research where America stands in line with other countries in regards to divorce rates and I will delve into why they are ranked where they are ranked. I will address the many reasons one chooses to divorce and reveal all the challenges behind the process itself including physiologically which will further my argument that divorce is never the easy way out of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment