Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Even Scholars start at Square one


Unfortunately after literally hours of diligent searching I am frustratingly pitted to choose a completely new topic. But since this was a recent discovery I have yet to pursue my new articles. So for this particular blog post I will have to simply backtrack and write about the topic I had originally hoped to write about. The topic was about a microscopic protein within the human body called Laminin. This protein is one that holds our whole being together and strengthens us to live. Without this crucial protein we would simply not hold together. On that note, a few years ago a prominent Christian evangelist used this small protein and its structure as the core to his sermon. The importance was in the structure of the Laminin molecule itself. The shape in naturally holds within the body is the precise shape of a cross. This evangelist chose to claim that this was a clear and phenomenal reflection of how our bodies were not only crafted but also held together by a God and by Jesus Christ. My interest was to look into scientific articles on the same topic of Laminin's structure and how the shape it holds in fact has a scientific explanation and is in no way related to the religion of Christ. I easily discovered many popular articles from the Christians realm but all the scientific articles only talked about crazy confusing things about different types of Laminin and their effects on different diseases at no point did I encounter an article that I felt I could use to compare to the popular article.
Popular Article:


I am having extreme difficulty finding an adequate scholarly article that represents the same information of the popular just on a scientific level. At this point I am not only extremely tired of searching but frustrated and completely stressed. I do not know where to go from here. I do not know what new topic to choose. Then from there I do not know how to spin a whole six-page paper out of it. I am extremely confused as to what this paper truly is about. Are we just comparing and contrasting the difference between scholarly and popular articles? I plan to just start searching for new ideas and from there maybe writing a compare contrast table and writing down preliminary thoughts before diving into the paper itself. The due date is sooooooooooooooooo soon, which is stressful and intimidating. Overall I am I felt like I was on a great path but unfortunately hit road block after road block and figured it might be best to choose a new route. So this weekend I will attempt to nail down a new topic, find articles for it then create a chart to break down each articles elements and how the are different or similar in anyways. I am not hopeful it will be easy or it will equal six pages. Lastly I would just like to ask for some help with APA, I am hoping that this Thursday we will be taught in great detail how to cited properly in this completely foreign method. I did look it up and attempt to recreate it for this blog but I could not figure out some aspects of it based on my particular websites. 

3 comments:

  1. Your prior topic sounds extremely interesting, it's a shame that you couldn't find a scholarly article for it! Hope you find a topic that you find equally interesting, good luck on the paper! I'm struggling with it all too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, I couldn't find valuable sources for my topic and it was pretty frustrating. But I notice something good out of all this, and that's that you got to finish THIS blog by writing how you feel. Well I think that's a good thing thou. But your topic on Laminin sounded interesting!

    ReplyDelete